Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kolka

Bean Vs. Potato

I have recipes for Bette Hagman's Potato/Tapioca/corn pasta and the light bean mix. Has anyone tried both of these? Which is better?

Is there another recipe that works really well for pasta: ravioli, pirogi, etc.?

DD: gluten-free/casein-free, soy lite, corn lite

Me: Vegan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have recipes for Bette Hagman's Potato/Tapioca/corn pasta and the light bean mix. Has anyone tried both of these? Which is better?

Is there another recipe that works really well for pasta: ravioli, pirogi, etc.?

sorry, way too much effort for me. :D

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I have made my own pasta with other recipes than hers, but Tinkyada is so much better. I have tried bean flour based pasta from the health food store and I didn't care for it very much-too... beany.

I would try the potato/tapioca/corn to start.

diagnosed 1/04 endoscopy; gluten-free ever since!

I make homemade noodles fairly often. We make this dough into Pelmini (just like Pierogi). It's really easy and rolls out just like "regular" dough.

For a large batch:

1-1/4 C Brown Rice Flour

1/2 C Potato Starch

1/4 C Tapioca Flour

generous 2-1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum

1 Tbs. oil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2+ C Water

Sift dry ingredients 3 times. Add oil and water. You will probably need to add a little more water, but do it slowly. Stir until dough forms a ball. Make sure it is not dry! It should be smooth and almost creamy. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out on board dusted with tapioca flour

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

I had a problem with another Hagman recipe that used the bean flours, a strange aftertaste...so I made the non-bean recipe. I loved it! I made wide noodles with pesto, cheese stuffed raviolis and mushroom stuffed too. Each was a delight! It works in my pasta machine and just rolling out with a rolling pin. Easy to use too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have to make my own because my daughter only eats pizza, ravioli and chicken. Now that I have the pizza recipe that was pinned a few days ago, I only need to master ravioli. It can't have any dairy in it (i.e. parmasan or such) because she's casein free, too. If anyone has a good ravioli recipe, I'd love to give it a try.

DD: gluten-free/casein-free, soy lite, corn lite

Me: Vegan