Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Apple Bundt Cake

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-bundt-cake/detail.aspx

Instead of the all-purpose flour they call for, use 1-1/2 cups white rice flour, 1 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, and 3 teaspoons xantham gum. Also, be sure to use confectioner's sugar (not granulated) or they won't turn out well. Enjoy!!! I also doubled the cinnamon.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you mean use confectioner's sugar in place of the regular sugar called for in the recipe...not just the part you sprinkle on top?????

thanks

Yes, use confectioner's sugar in the recipe. I believe that is what they ment by "white sugar". It didn't turn out when I used granulated sugar, very good when I used confectioner's sugar. Yum!

~Angie~

Guhlia ~ did this come out in a bundt pan?? I would LOVE that!!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Guhlia ~ did this come out in a bundt pan?? I would LOVE that!!

I used a mini bundt tray (6 mini bundts) and then I also used a roll tray (mammoth muffin size) and they turned out very well. I'm assuming it would turn out very well in a bundt pan.

I forgot to mention that I doubled the apples in the recipe. Next time I make it I will also mix them into the batter instead of making layers.

~Angie~