Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got an e-mail from the company and their nuts are not gluten free. I just wanted to post this because the information about their gluten-free products in their FAQ section is misleading. I was considering eating their cashews, but I thought that I should make sure before I ate them. I'm glad that I did!

This is the statement on their website in the FAQ section:

"Do you have gluten-free products suitable for celiac?

Our products are gluten-free. However certain retail products that we manufacture may not be suitable for celiac, or those avoiding gluten."

http://www.dan-d-pak.com/faq/#news14

They do have gluten-free products and I have a list if anyone is interested.

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wrote them back pointing out the problem and I'm hoping they fix it.

Carrie Faith

What about their nuts was NOT gluten free? Was the product just nuts? I'm finding it very confusing when products whose only ingredients are clearly gluten-free turn out not to be gluten-free, with nothing on the label suggesting that there is anything to check out.

Rochelle, Boston

What about their nuts was NOT gluten free? Was the product just nuts? I'm finding it very confusing when products whose only ingredients are clearly gluten-free turn out not to be gluten-free, with nothing on the label suggesting that there is anything to check out.

I'm not sure what isn't gluten-free. From what I saw on the bottle of cashews they seemed gluten-free to me! Maybe they are contaminated with gluten? If they respond to me again I'll ask them if you would like.

Carrie Faith