Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grace_inspired

Quaker Rice Cakes Anyone?

I bought soem of these. Some of the varieties had wheat in them--but some didnot. I got applecinnamon and caremel I think. We are just starting so go gluten free--so I wouldn't recognize if these hurt us or not. Does anyone else get these?

BTW--the kids LOVED eating "cake" for lunch. Rice cake w/ peanut butter and banana slices :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Quaker themselves say that they can't guarantee that there isn't contamination - moreover, they say to assume that there is contamination in all of their products. But there are other rice cakes out there! :) I recommend Lundberg Farms.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Quaker has high levels of contamination of wheat so I would stay away from them.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Yeah, Quaker products definitely made me sick. I would stay away from them. Try Lundbergh, I've never had problems with them and they have flavored ones like apple cinnamon. You can buy them online at www.shopbydiet.com.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

And then there are some of us who have never had a problem with QUaker Rice Cakes. I have eaten Quaker Caramel Rice Cakes for 5 yrs now and never once was I glutened. So, the decision is yours.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

HI I am newly diagnosed with Celiac and its been a crazy frustration to figure out what to eat. I was picking up almond milk about two days ago and happen to find Quaker Rice Cakes ( gluten free) yayy..i read the back of it and nothing click in my head that is gluten. I went ahead and bought them.

I ate about 4 of them in two days. I was doing fine going gluten-free for 2 months and I'm sick I think from Quaker's rice cakes.

I shouldn't have touched them.

I like the lundsberg rice cakes, but have to travel for them. I am sensitive to CC. I m also soy free, if you'll look, some of Quaker has soy in them. I'm on my second package of the "Lightly salted" Quaker rice cakes without problems.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10