Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Red Bridge Beer!

Okay, so I sent my husband to the store to get a case of Bard's Tale. He just called me on the way home and said that they opened up their sample bottle of Red Bridge beer for him to try. He said it was very good, similar in taste to Bard's Tale. He thought that it may be slightly lighter than Bard's Tale, but definitely heavier than the New Grist. All in all he said it was a very good beer. I'm so jealous that I sent him... I should've gone myself. They're supposed to have Red Bridge in my distributor this coming Wednesday. I hope they actually get it in this week.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We will be waiting for a comparison & which you think is better..... Wow, I hardly ever drank before gluten-free & now I'm excited about beer!!!!!!It's a crazy celiac world I live in......

thanks Guhlia

mamaw

Okay, so I sent my husband to the store to get a case of Bard's Tale. He just called me on the way home and said that they opened up their sample bottle of Red Bridge beer for him to try. He said it was very good, similar in taste to Bard's Tale. He thought that it may be slightly lighter than Bard's Tale, but definitely heavier than the New Grist. All in all he said it was a very good beer. I'm so jealous that I sent him... I should've gone myself. They're supposed to have Red Bridge in my distributor this coming Wednesday. I hope they actually get it in this week.

Angie,

Where was the sample available? Was the place a speciality beverage store? I have read where Red Bridge would not be out until January 2007. This is good news. Did your DH get any idea how much it might cost? Looking foward to tasting it. I am able to get New Grist at Kroger here in Virginia. It is a little pricey ($33 a case) but I expect the price to go down after this AB product becomes available. I like the New Grist pretty good so I am interested in how this brand compares. The other thing that is encouraging is that since AB is so large this product will probably be available in resturants, clubs etc. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom

Tom, my husband said that he preferred the Red Bridge over the New Grist. He said it's slightly fuller flavored, but without all the bite that Bard's Tale has. He's almost as excited for the release of it as I am, and he's not even gluten free by necessity. Our distributor had no clue what the price would be. The guy said he wouldn't know until he actually got a case in and was billed for it. It's not currently on A-B's price list, so I guess we'll find out when they get it in. Either way, even if it's not any cheaper than the other gluten free beers, it's a mainstream beer that we will be able to order through anyone who carries A-B products. Woo-hoo!!!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

In San Antonio they are having a tasting of this beer. I got a six pack of Bard's Tale and I wasn't much of a beer drinker before but I love Bard's Tale. However, I think Whole Foods brand of gluten-free beer will be this new Redbridge since they told me theirs was being made by AB. I'll have to ask them this weekend when they will have it in Atlanta - how cool!

Update - I called AB (1-800-342-5283) to inquire about where/when Redbridge will be available in GA and after being put on hold for quite a while she said I'd have to give my phone number for someone to look into the matter as this product is on in test markets now and she couldn't say anything more. Someone should get back to me within 10 days. In the mean time, I think anyone who wants this product in their market needs to call AB themselves so they see there is interest in getting this item out there. Even if you choose not to give your number, they will make a note that you called about Redbridge gluten free beer so it will help us all. For obvious reasons, you must be 21 years old to call.

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06