Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cassidy

Pregnancy Or Bathroom Issue?

Guest cassidy

For the last two days I have had a weird pain. It is in the lowest part of my baby bump. It feels like if you stretch your arm out as far as possible and flex your hand up and it sorta burns from the stretching - but it lasts for hours. It isn't crampy or severe, just an annoying ache that sorta burns. At the same time my lower back aches.

I did notice that about 2 hours after the front pain I have had to go to the bathroom. It looks completely normal and I haven't been glutened in a long time, so I don't know if going to the bathroom is the cause of the pain or a coincidence. I drink a ton of water and I am regular so I don't think it is constipation.

Then, my back will continue to ache for a while. I have a heating pad on it and I'm surrounded by tons of pillows and that makes it better, but I'm still not comfortable.

It happened in the late afternoon both days. I'm 24 weeks now and I think my lower area actually grew overnight so I don't know if the skin is just stretching or what is going on. I'm not concerned because I know pregnancy can cause all sorts of aches and pains and the baby is still kicking away, I'm just wondering what is going on.

Any ideas?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The baby may have decided to turn, being head down now (a good sign), and is pushing on something that causes those problems. Since you don't have diarrhea and don't feel glutened, and the baby is happily kicking away, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Also, you may have started those contractions (don't remember what they're called, too long ago :rolleyes: ) that get you ready for birth. I always started getting those about two months before birth. Especially the pain moving from front to back makes me suspect that.

If you're still concerned, talk to your doctor or midwife, and they'll probably be able to explain what's going on, or check you and the baby out to make sure everything is normal.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can remember that feeling, all too well....... <_<

For me, it was when the abdominal muscles were stretching..... it would last for hours sometimes... especially with the twin pregnancy.

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

There is actually a name for what you are discribing though I can not remember what it is. It has somthing to do with everything stretching out.

Myself-Age 25....I have had symptoms since at least 1998 if not since infancy (was diagnosed with malnutrition as a small child)...Positive results with gluten free diet!

Hannah-Age 5.....Has symptoms....Inconclusive blood tests....Positive diet response to both gluten free and lactose free!

Grace-Age 1.....Born at 29 weeks due to me having celiac....Has reflux and a feeding tube.

Husband-Not Celiac......has found that he does feel better when not eating allot of gluten.....is gluten free at home.