This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Snow Day!

mtdawber

mtdawber Apprentice

As I sit here in Ontario (north of Toronto) I am watching the snow come down. My meetings in the city got cancelled and I get to sit in my comfy clothes and work on the lap top.

I think we need some fun. Anyone up for a snowball fight?

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Viola 1 Rookie

Ahhh Tanya, I would join you but unfortunately I only have one phone line and my computer is tied to it now :( So, I'd better get off instead of playing online games, which would be great fun! So ... hit someone for me with that snowball :lol:

I'm going into my sewing room to work on the 'Terrier' quilt for the kennel club raffle.

Have fun!

linds Apprentice

i am so jealous! everyone is getting snow and we still aren't getting any here. there is snow to the north, south, east, and west of my town but none near us. I live in northern minnesota where we should have multiple feet by now but when i look out my window i still see GRASS!! there isn't even enough snow to cover it yet!

mtdawber Apprentice

OK Shirley, I'm going to hit linds with the snowball because they don't have snow there....LOL

Viola 1 Rookie
OK Shirley, I'm going to hit linds with the snowball because they don't have snow there....LOL

:lol: I hope you got her with several, it looks like she is really missing the stuff. We have a couple of feet of the beautiful sparkly white stuff.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Linds- I know how you feel, I live in PA and we usually have seen snow by now even if it had melted. I saw people wearing shorts the last few weekends. It is not our typical winter weather...I could use a blizzard. I miss the snow we got when I was little.

Plus I am a skier and the man-made snow is not cutting it over the past years and most ski resorts arent even open now....and if they are there are 2-6 trails open. I feel for their business...it is hurting.

plantime Contributor

I have a couple inches of ice covering my backyard. Anyone want to go ice skating?!? I even have a dog you might be able to convince to pull a sled for you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

linds Apprentice

dog sledding is one of my favorite things to do in the winter... when there is snow! my boyfreinds mom has 19 huskies that pull us however this year we can't go its not safe. They have canceled the dog sled races except for the large one here. But the dogs will be pulling idling 4 wheelers this year instead of sleds because there isn't enough snow! The worst part is that it is -18 degrees out and no snow! the lakes aren't even frozen enough to snowmobile on! and winter is my FAVORITE time of year!!!

Archived