Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cassidy

Thank you and please keep us updated. Hate to tell you this, but the Shepherd's Pie got me once. I hope it was ok for you.

Hi all well last night I ate MEXICAN TAMALE PIE gluten and dairy free.

Well the verdict is I did not get sick this time. hoorah !!!

It wasn't enough food, but I did feel ok after. :lol:

Thank you for all the responses and as I said please go to amy's kitchen web site and complain !!

It will help make my (our) point, or maybe they went to this forum and read it for themselves. :lol:

talk at you all soon, and again thanks ;)

Thanks for going there personally and talking to them about it. I know they always ask for numbers so they can test batches, but I don't ever see them confirm the results with people who know they've been glutened. (I have heard them say "you say you were glutened, but our tests said there was no gluten." then what?!?!)

HI EVERYONE

TODAY I ATE AMY'S SHEPPARD PIE, AGAIN I FELT VERY SICK, BLOATED AND DOWN RIGHT NASTY. :o

I DON'T SEE MYSELF EATING AMYS ANYTIME SOON. ON MONDAY I AM GOING TO CALL THE LINDA DOYAL AND CAROL TAMAGNI AND TELL THEM ABOUT IT AND ALSO THAT I WILL NEVER EAT THERE PRODUCTS AGAIN.

I AM REALLY UPSET AT MY SELF THAT I EVEN TRIED AMY'S AGAIN. :(

I THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE THEM A TRY BAD IDEA ON MY PART. MY BAD !!!!! :o

ANYWAY I THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW, AND THAT I WILL POST THERE LETTER WHEN I RECEIVE IT.

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I received an answer from AMY'S KITCHEN. Sorry that it is long. :rolleyes:

Dear Rebecca

Thank you for the time you spent with me discussing the reaction experience after consuming Amys Kitchen

The bottom line was that they had there product tested and they say there was NO DETECTABLE LEVEL OF GLUTEN in the product selected for testing.

While we did not find gluten in the product, will continue to monitor this product and have set up an ALERT PROCESS THROUGH THE CONSUMER SERVICES DATABASE SO THAT THEY CAN RESPOND QUICKLY IF THEY GET A RELATED CALL FROM ANOTHER CONSUMER.

Amys kitchen response

They say Amy's kitchen is dedicated to the manufacture of products that are delicious, nutriousand safe to consume. They go on to say that they hope I will continue to purchase Amy's Kitchen products in the future. They sent me two free coupons for Amy's Products.

They finish by saying that,

As you know Amy's Kitchen is a family business. We truly appreciate hearing from our customers especially when there might be problems. Consumer comments prompt us to check our systems to make sure proceders are being followed and to take corrective action if anything is amiss. Again thanks for your concern and tim.

University of Neb

:( They alo sent me a copy of the report that they received from UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA

Bottom line CHEESE ENCHILADA #LOT Loi156B "BLD" below the limit of detection,

The lower limit of detection for the R-Biopharm RIDASCREEN Fast Gladin is 10 parts per million (ppm) gluten. Amounts below this level cannot be reliably detected in this assay. The R-Biopharm RIDASCREEN FAST Gliadin is equally cross reactive with gliadin/ gluten for wheat, ryem and barley. One ppm is equal to one milligram of gluten per lilogram of sample product

They go on to say IMPORTANT NOTICE:. If the possible source of allgeren contamination in your samples is from fermaentation, or consists of fermented or hydrolyzed materials, current methods cannot measures allergen levels appropriatelyinthese cases. This can result in a severe underestimate of the allergen content of your samples.

In these special cases, a BLD reasing may be indicated but there still could be enough allergenic residues left over to be capable of causing and allergic reaction.

NO responsability at all i would assume, on Amy's Kitchens part. :angry:

What do you think ? :rolleyes:

I am so confused. Some of their stuff says it's made in the same facility as gluten, some says it was made on the same line... And one thing I looked at yesterday says neither - when it lists the potential allergens after the ingredients, it just says "Soy." Does that mean it's safe? Or have you all had problems even with their stuff that doens't say it was made on a shared line?