Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennyj

Carrot Cake

My baby turns 21 and has asked that for her birhtday I make a gluten free carrot cake. I have seen a few recipes in books but I would like one that someone has actually made and liked. Her birthday is in Feb. Thanks in advance for any help

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My baby turns 21 and has asked that for her birhtday I make a gluten free carrot cake. I have seen a few recipes in books but I would like one that someone has actually made and liked. Her birthday is in Feb. Thanks in advance for any help

Jenny here's a link to a great gluten-free carrot cake recipe. I go to this site quite a lot ofr great gluten-free recipes and I am never disappointed. Happy Baking!

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006...arrot-cake.html

i made mini-cupcakes at christmas. i'm not sure how they would be in cake form, but if you are interested, i can type it out for you.

Gluten-free, Vegan

Guest Ang

My Mom always buys the Namaste brand spice cake mix, and makes it into a carrot cake with raisins and cream cheese frosting. It's good, and it freezes well, too (she makes the mini-loaves so I can always have something handy).

Jenny here's a link to a great gluten-free carrot cake recipe. I go to this site quite a lot ofr great gluten-free recipes and I am never disappointed. Happy Baking!

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006...arrot-cake.html

What a great-looking recipe. Can't wait to try it..... I miss carrot cake, too.

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

My Mom always buys the Namaste brand spice cake mix, and makes it into a carrot cake with raisins and cream cheese frosting. It's good, and it freezes well, too (she makes the mini-loaves so I can always have something handy).

I know you weren't thinking of mixes, but I have to echo Ang's recommendation. The Namaste spice cake has the carrot cake variation right on the bag and it is beyond awesome! I too added raisins, plus walnuts, and used plain ol' Pillsbury cream cheese frosting. Heaven.

- Lauren

Thanks for all the help. I can't wait to try. :P

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

I have made this a few times. I use Pamela's Baking Mix, which already has Xanthan gum. I would think you could also use Featherlite or some other flour mix and then add 1 tsp Xanthan gum.

This makes one layer - double for a two-layer cake or 9 X 13 (a 9 X 13 takes about 45 - 50 minutes to bake). Also, I just buy the frosting (read labels) but I have a recipe (at home) for frosting - it takes cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar. If you want I can post it as well.

Carrot Cake

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 eggs

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

pinch of salt

2/3 cup Pamela's Baking mix

1 cup shredded carrots

mix ingredients well, then add carrots

bake in greased 8-inch round

350 F for approximately 30 minutes

toothpick should come out clean