Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluejeangirl

Gluten Busters Tee Shirt

They're kinda cute and I was wondering if anyone ordered one yet. Do the sizes run small? After watching Elisabeth come out today on the view I'm encouraged to be more vocal about it also and thought what a good way to start the conversation.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

is there a link for where you can order one?

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

I saw it on the Celiac.com Home Page.......it IS cute......click on the pic and you can order from there it looks like. You have to report back if you buy it!

My son has the Silly Yak hoodie from Cafepress. On the front is a picture of a "Silly Yak" and on the back is a description of celiac.

While we were crossing the street from our hotel in Anaheim to get to the Disney main gate, I got into a conversation with a man who'd been reading the t-shirt and mentioned his son's PKU. I'm not too familiar with PKU, but I think it's the inability to digest ANY protein.

Here's a link to shirts like Ty's.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/silly+yak/-/p...pt_/fpt_/c_360/

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

PKU is the inability to ingest phenylalanine. People that have it are called Phenylketonurics. They test ALL newborns for it at birth cuz if they don't I think that they would die within days. Phenylalanine is one of the nine (?) essential amino acids for adults. I don't know what forms of protein (meat? milk?) it's in or what they need to avoid. People with PKU can't have aspartame, which is made of phenylalanine and aspartic acid. The waning is listed after the ingredients on diet soft drinks that contain aspartame.