Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daxin

Gluten Free Oats Go Main Stream

I was watching the late night news from Regina, and they were doing a healthe segment on a "niche market". It turns out that there is a company here in Saskatchewan called FamePure. It is now 5 companies and a whole army of growers who are going to manufature things made from oats. Oats that are free from contamination by wheat, rye and barley!! B):o:lol:

They are making oat based muffin/bread and baking mixes, maranades etc...all with steel cut, gluten free oats. And is supposed to actually be affordable! They say that this will help Diabetics and Celiacs alike, as not only will they be gluten free, but oats also help control blood sugar.

Shelly Case is helping them get the product line off the ground. She is the author of The Gluten Free Diet and has her own dietary consulting firm in the city. Also, she worked with Regina Area eatery ZEST. Rob Fuller, head chef at ZEST is also a consulting on the FarmPure menu and product line!

This is HUGE!! I am so excited! I hope they get it into stores soon!

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is exciting Ryan!

Keep us posted will you. :)

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

I was watching the late night news from Regina, and they were doing a healthe segment on a "niche market". It turns out that there is a company here in Saskatchewan called FamePure. It is now 5 companies and a whole army of growers who are going to manufature things made from oats. Oats that are free from contamination by wheat, rye and barley!! B):o:lol:

They are making oat based muffin/bread and baking mixes, maranades etc...all with steel cut, gluten free oats. And is supposed to actually be affordable! They say that this will help Diabetics and Celiacs alike, as not only will they be gluten free, but oats also help control blood sugar.

Shelly Case is helping them get the product line off the ground. She is the author of The Gluten Free Diet and has her own dietary consulting firm in the city. Also, she worked with Regina Area eatery ZEST. Rob Fuller, head chef at ZEST is also a consulting on the FarmPure menu and product line!

This is HUGE!! I am so excited! I hope they get it into stores soon!

This is great news for everyone that can tolerate oats. Newbies need to remember though that the protein in oats does have a similar formation to the gluten proteins. Some of us may not be able tolerate it, paticularly those that are recently diagnosed. When adding oats to our diet we need to add it to our diet in a way that we will easily be able to tell if they are a problem. In other words only add the oats the week you challenge them, don't take any other suspect foods in until you have give them a try for at least 5 days with no ill effects.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

How exciting Ryan! It does open alot more choices if you can tolerate them. Good advice Ravenwood. I didn't have oats for a year and tried them little by little and made sure that the oats are safe from cc.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.