Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babygirl1234

How Long Does It Take

for your stomach to heal? because i went to the doctor today for my biscopy results and my celiac disease showed up and ive been gluten-free for about 10 years or so and i only cheated like once a year by me doing that could i have done damage to my stomach and when i did cheat i only had like a small pice of cake or a tiny bite of cheese i mean could i had done more damage to my insides and it toke all this time for my celiac disease to flare but other then that ive been sticking to my gluten-free diet. and they gave my aunt infor about celiac disease, you should see all the stuff they gave her

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you possibly eating someting that has gluten in it that you have missed?

One Celiac gene and one gluten intolerance gene (HLA-DQ 2,1).

Grain free, casein free, soy/legume free + a bunch of allergies I have had since I was a child (stone fruits, nuts..carrots)

Following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, but no nuts, legumes or casein.

Have you checked for non-food sources of gluten? Things like toiletries and makeup, especially lip sticks and glosses, craft items like glues, pastes, chalk, clays, and stuff like pet foods and shared things like toasters and cutting boards?

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

i have my own toaster and my aunt doesnt cut anything on a cutting borad she uses a paper plate for my stuff i dont touch the dog food only the dog treats, i dont ware makeup so thats not a prob