Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wethree

Let's Talk To Oprah

Oprah tends to do shows based on topics of interest to people she knows. For example, she just did a whole show on the topic of Russell Simmons' book, Do You. Oprah does not have celiac disease, and it is NOT her responsibility to do a show about it.

ELISABETH HASSELBECK DOES have celiac disease and SHE should be using HER celebrity status to push the issue and SHE should talk to Oprah about how she felt the best she ever had while on Survivor- eating only fish and rice! (the mini-segment The View did on celiac disease was downplaying and confusing- it seemed her mission was to show how NORMAL she is rather than to educate people about it)

Hmmmm. How do we know Oprah doesn't have celiac disease? She could very well, like so many others in the world, be walking around with vague symptoms (or none except an inability to keep nagging weight off, as was the case with me) and have no idea. I do believe it is very much her responsibility to do a show about it, because if she doesn't have it herself, the chances are excellent that she's got friends who do...

Hmmmm. How do we know Oprah doesn't have celiac disease? She could very well, like so many others in the world, be walking around with vague symptoms (or none except an inability to keep nagging weight off, as was the case with me) and have no idea. I do believe it is very much her responsibility to do a show about it, because if she doesn't have it herself, the chances are excellent that she's got friends who do...

It is virtually certain that Oprah does not have celiac disease as she had ZERO % European genes on the DNA ancestry documentary done for PBS about a year ago. That show was produced by/for Henry Louis Gates who is a department head at Harvard. I doubt she'd give us a second glance........but I'll write her,too. Maybe we can get her to realize most of her audience has a 1% chance of having it.

It is virtually certain that Oprah does not have celiac disease as she had ZERO % European genes on the DNA ancestry documentary done for PBS about a year ago. That show was produced by/for Henry Louis Gates who is a department head at Harvard. I doubt she'd give us a second glance........but I'll write her,too. Maybe we can get her to realize most of her audience has a 1% chance of having it.

...And most of her "genetically European" friends, as well!