Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarah ruth

Sourdough/levain/kefir Fermented Bread Help?

Does anyone make any fermented bread recipes? I would very much like to figure out a loaf that I could make over the week where the flours are being eaten up a bit, even gluten bread was nicer to digest when it had been 'soured'. I haven't started experimenting yet, and would love some tips.

Abject failures in the bread department are so disappointing <_< ! So far I have had great success with almond waffles and pancakes, black bean brownies, and a sandwich loaf. For sourdough I am especially wondering about a versatile loaf or bun or pizza dough, and also tips on rice/urad idlis and dosas. Can you help me?!

big thank you for any tips or e-directions :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

sr,

I put some sourdough starter in everything I bake. Before you get too excited though, know that it's only for extra flavoring, akin to using buttermilk, ie., not for leavening. I feed it rice flour & water, or for a special treat, potato flakes & milk. Must use often or it will die.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SDBella
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):