Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minwaazhin

Cuz I Thought This Was Soo Funny!

Tonight while sitting at home with my nieces, one is 10 (and she would say 10 and 2/4) and the other is 13, we started talking about past memories. I would have almost forgotten about this but I'll share it here...

One night I had to babysit them for my Aunt (who is there Mom but she's almost my age LOL) they got into a fight (literally). I broke it up and asked them what was the matter with them. The eldest apparently called the youngest fat and the lil one threw her stuffy at her older sister. The older one stormed off to her room after screaming "nobody loves me anymore" and slamming the door. I sat downstairs with the youngest to reassure her that she wasnt fat and that her sister didnt mean to hurt her feelings, etc...Well, she ended up cuddling closer and told me she wanted to tell me a secret. So I put my head lower and she whispered to me "Aunty Iya..I know Im not fat. Im just fluffy like you." LMAO

After our lil trip down memory line I got nostalgic and realized how fast they have grown up. I put the 10 yr old to bed (despite protests of 'but im not tired!') and sat up to talk to the eldest about what was going to happen when I moved away again. She come over to my chair, sat down in my lap and told me that she was going to move with me. Then I realized I couldnt feel my darn legs and told her "what are you going to do when you get taller baby girl? I mean, your already 5'4 and your only 13. There is going to come a day where you won't fit in my lap anymore..." Lil brat cut me off and said "Well, thats why God invented the foot stool. Duh?" LOL

Crazy kid.. LOL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is too sweet! My daughter would tell her grandpa that he has a strong belly.

Stomach problems began November of 2005

Gall bladder removed April 2006

Positive Blood test October 2006

Refused endoscope

Gluten-free since January 21, 2007

Positive reaction to diet

The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord. Job 1:21b