Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dally099

Soy And Milk Allergy?

evening everyone, so ive been gluten-free now for 2 months except for the 4 days previous to my visit with the dermatologist (ugh that was awful) starting to feel better now, also off soy as im pretty darn sure im allergic (the swelling and the hives are a bit of a give a way) however read the ingrediants to all my salad dressings that are gluten and flour free, they ALL have soybean oil, ugh talk about a pain in the butt!!!, but im still finding that i am bloated slightly with some gas and rumbly tummy after i eat. im truly hoping that im not also dealing with a milk allergy. what do you eat and drink if you are? i want to do the exclusion thing for a coule of weeks but need to know what to eat, thanks for the advices

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey there, I'm a newbie as well. I have similiar issues with the milk and it's just not a part of my life anymore with the rare exception of an occasional inclusion of butter. I've tried Almond Milk when I felt desperate. Not crazy about it. I'm not crazy about the gluten free cereals and have finally quit coffee, so I don't have a big need for a dairy type liquid anyway. It's hard, I miss dairy products much more than gluten, but feeling better is worth it. Hope the exclusion works for you.

I'm currently dairy and soy free, too, so I use Whole Food's 365 brand of vanilla rice milk, but I really only use it for baking and cooking, as I don't eat gluten-free cereals or drink it straight. I also use either coconut oil or palm oil shortening (both by Spectrum organics) in place of butter in my cooking, and they both work really well. I miss butter on my potatoes and such, and boy do I miss cheese, but it's something you get used to, I guess.

Good luck--it can definitely be tricky and limiting!

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

well thanks for the input, i started reading labels and much to my surprice all my salad dressings that i have been eating have soybean oil in them!! so im thinking that this is the reason i still have not been feeling well, im also taking a lactaid now when i have milk, cheeze or ice cream and seeing if this helps, i feel better the last 2 days, didnt realize how many things have soy, and i thought that they were fine!

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Annie's makes salad dressings that are soy free (not all are, but most are--also, not all are gluten-free, but again most are). Before I began making my own dressing, I used Annie's dressings all the time--I got them from Whole Foods, Kroger, and health food stores.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

There are so many oils out there. Soy is very cheap. Why not experiment with different oils and make your own dressing? There are grape seed oils, walnut oils, avocado oils, peanut oils, oils, oils, oils... I have made my dressings with apple cider vinegar, or lime juice, or squeezed lemon, or orange juice and more. If you allow it to marinate with a chopped fresh herb such as basil or cilantro or parsley or thyme, or even rosemary.. well, the flavor is amazing. You feel clean after eating such a fresh salad.

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!