Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

majicbunnies

Ener G Brown Rice Loaf...mold?

I bought a loaf of Ener G's Brown Rice Loaf a while ago, and the second day I had it, it had bluish mold on it. I kept it in the fridge, and tied up with the plastic grip thing it comes with... Why did it mold? I've been scared to buy it ever since, but bought a loaf the other day. I had D the next morning, and I'm not sure if it was from:

1- the bread

2- the fact that I ate a half a turkey sandwich at like, midnight and went to bed an hour later

3- the burger i had for dinner

4- the huntz ketchup

5- the haggen (sp?) daz chocolate ice cream

anyone know if any of that isn't gluten free, or does anyone else have mold problems with this bread?

thanks!

Scream thy last scream!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I did have mold on my Ener-G bread once. I think there was a hole in the package. I called the company and they sent me a new loaf. I've never had another problem and have been buying it for almost 11 years.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

I did have mold on my Ener-G bread once. I think there was a hole in the package. I called the company and they sent me a new loaf. I've never had another problem and have been buying it for almost 11 years.

lw,

That's funny, I can't even get mold to grow on my bread!

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

I bought a loaf of Ener G's Brown Rice Loaf a while ago, and the second day I had it, it had bluish mold on it. I kept it in the fridge, and tied up with the plastic grip thing it comes with... Why did it mold? I've been scared to buy it ever since, but bought a loaf the other day. I had D the next morning, and I'm not sure if it was from:

1- the bread

2- the fact that I ate a half a turkey sandwich at like, midnight and went to bed an hour later

3- the burger i had for dinner

4- the huntz ketchup

5- the haggen (sp?) daz chocolate ice cream

anyone know if any of that isn't gluten free, or does anyone else have mold problems with this bread?

thanks!

I bought a pizza crust in Oakville the other day and discovered mold when I got it home and went to use it. :(