Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UR Groovy

Assessing The Glass

I guess it's about the dairy - the butter, really - sour cream, cottage cheese - you know - all the stuff I like. At the same time, it's about a couple other things. I'm just bummed again. It's about the fact that MSG is in everything, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated / Partially Hydrogenated fats - I miss eating only whole foods, but it's a lot to cook all the time, and cleaning - geez - clean the veggies, clean the kitchen, clean the dishes

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Kat :)

I go through similar periods, too. I like to think of myself as a "glass 1/2 full" person, but I still have my days....

I think it's good to get these things off your chest--I think you'll find that you're not alone at all! Hopefully, that will help.

I'm glad you posted ;)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

You need to work on perspective and acceptance. I do it all naturally with three children. Granted, they can assist in loading dishes, unloading, rinsing vegetables.. At the end of each day, I take so much pride in evalutaing what we ate. If I were to try and dismiss a few neurotoxins here or there, some caseomophins in the dairy we were to eat, the pesticides, the heart clogging oils... well, I would sleep far worse than I do now. Congratulations on doing the hard work. Until 100 years ago, all of humanity did "the hard work". We can do it again!

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

Just wanted to quickly say thanks Patti (jerseyangel). I appreciated that. My glass is looking fuller lately.

Hawkfire, if you see this, just wanted to say Kudos ! You're right, of course - acceptance is the problem mostly. I've been working on that.