Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kyliekatiesmom

Living Gluten-free For Dummies

I wanted to purchase this book but the bookstore doesn't carry it yet. I can order it but I'd like to see it before I order it. I even checked the public library but still no luck there. I wouldn't want to buy it if it wasn't any good. Has anyone here read this book and is it worth ordering? Are their maybe other books you'd recommend instead? I did read the "Gluten-Free Kid" from the library which was really great from a basic point of view. Thanks for any advise!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's a great book and it even has a few recipes to get you started. It's an easy read with tons of useful information. You can read excerpts at amazon .com. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I wanted to purchase this book but the bookstore doesn't carry it yet. I can order it but I'd like to see it before I order it. I even checked the public library but still no luck there. I wouldn't want to buy it if it wasn't any good. Has anyone here read this book and is it worth ordering? Are their maybe other books you'd recommend instead? I did read the "Gluten-Free Kid" from the library which was really great from a basic point of view. Thanks for any advise!

I agree it is a great book! I'm so glad I read it! It helps to clear up the false information you can find on the internet :) I recommend it all the time!

I agree, it is a great book. It is one of the first books that I bought, plus it is spiked with a sense of humor which goes so far and is much needed at times! I bought mine at Barnes and Noble, and found it in the diet section.

Guest j_mommy

AWESOME BOOK!!!!!! I bought it along with Celiac Disease: a hidden epidemic. It's cheaper if you go to amazon .com!!!

I have it and like it. There is an awesome recipe for "faux pho," which is a wonderful Thai/Vietnamese soup with chicken, shrimp, rice noodles, chicken broth, coconut milk, clam juice, fish sauce, curry,lime, ginger, etc. I was trying to figure out how to make that even before going gluten-free!