Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

4 Questions Regarding Enterolab

1. Has anyone had any luck submitting cost to blue cross insurance

2. Can you swap out out the yeast allergy part of the test for milk allergy in the test that includes soy,eggs,yeast.

3. How accurate are the tests

4. Has anyone had the tests come back negative for everything. It seems that everyone that gets tested has an additional allergy result. Makes me weary of the tests.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi

I hope that they are accurate because I just ordered mine, I don't need anymore negtive results. just because I just need to know if there is really anything going on. All the other answers that you seek I don't have those sorry. But I know others can tell you.

Donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

We didn't submit to insurance but I've read that some will cover part of it.....I think if your deductible is met.

The tests are accurate with the IgA immune response, just a matter of what could be causing the problem. In most cases eliminated the offending food will take care of symptoms. Just look at it as another allergy/intolerance type testing except it looks at IgA instead of IgE/IgG.

We did have negatives btw. We got tested for everything. I listed in my sig what we tested postive for.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

4. Has anyone had the tests come back negative for everything. It seems that everyone that gets tested has an additional allergy result. Makes me weary of the tests.

There is quite a bit of discussion on this board already, if you do a search for enterolab, you'll find a number of people who have had negative results.

My impression on this board is that most people who are positive have found it helpful toward pinpointing their problems.

My results were strongly positive, and because of my location I haven't the opportunity to do blood test/biopsy (I didn't think they would be reliably done here) So I went ahead with the diet. gluten-free about 5 weeks, and so far indications are strong that I am on the right track.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

1. Has anyone had any luck submitting cost to blue cross insurance

I didnt submit to insurance....just paid out of pocket for the complete panel.

I later also tested for eggs and yeast. I dont think the soy test was available at that time.

2. Can you swap out out the yeast allergy part of the test for milk allergy in the test that includes soy,eggs,yeast.

I'm not sure about that. You can email Enterolab and ask them.

3. How accurate are the tests

This is still unknown as Dr. Fine has yet to publish for peer review.

I agree that alot of people do seem to test positive for other additional intolerances. I wasnt one of them. I tested within normal range for casein, eggs and yeast. I was only positive for gluten (both IgA antigliadin and tTG).

It didnt really matter that I tested negative since I still couldnt eat them. I do react to a long long list of foods in addition to gluten. I eat only about 5 foods.

Rachel