Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest j_mommy

Sleep Problems....

Guest j_mommy

I have been gluten-free for a couple of weeks now....and lately I can't get to sleep. I lay in bed a roll around. Prior to going gluten-free bu the end of teh day I was exhausted and fell iinto bed and was out! I'm not complaining about the energy I have now..it's great! I just want sleep.

I usually go to sleep around 10 and up at 7am.

Any ideas/suggestions/opinions would be great!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Maybe you don't need as much sleep anymore? Try going to bed later than 10, like 11. It might do the trick.

Also, try drinking some calming tea, like chamomile, don't watch tv just before bed, or exercise.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with you there, I cannot seem to fall asleep lately, and I have been gluten free for a while. I am not up thinking about work or stressing. I have tried everything. I might try the later bedtime, but that would be 12 and I need to get up at 6 for work.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

maybe try some melatonin. You can find it at the healthfood store in both liquid and pill. 1 mg helps my son relax and fall asleep. You might want to give it a try..here is some info on it, BTW you don't need to be autistic to take it...

http://www.autism.org/melatonin.html

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

I have been gluten-free for a couple of weeks now....and lately I can't get to sleep. I lay in bed a roll around. Prior to going gluten-free bu the end of teh day I was exhausted and fell iinto bed and was out! I'm not complaining about the energy I have now..it's great! I just want sleep.

I usually go to sleep around 10 and up at 7am.

Any ideas/suggestions/opinions would be great!!!!

My doc put me on a low dose of amitriptyline (25mg) for my sleep issues. I take it about 1/2 hour before I'm ready for bed and not only does it help me get to sleep, but it helps me STAY asleep which is a huge issue for me. Ambien CR is a really good one too - helps you get to sleep and then slow dissolves to get you to stay asleep. I've been on both, the amitripyline helps me more since pain is what keeps me from sleeping. The Ambien helped alot after I had my little one and got insomnia.

~Sorry for the million questions, I really want to learn as much as I can!~

04/07 - Diagnosed Fibromyalgia

05/07 -Diagnosed Celiac from test & symptoms - scheduled for biopsy

~Also intolerant to milk, soy & beef

Daughter - 2yo - tested negative 03/07 for Celiac

-allergic to milk and soy

-retesting Celiac soon due to symptoms~