Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Thanks You

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been so supportive and helpful these last few months. I do not think i could have made it threw this time without all of you. I am so happy to be finally getting to be normal (whatever normal is) and loving it. I am now coaching my sons baseball team and im helping out in tball, golf and gymnasitics with the other kids. It is so nice to be out for 3 hours at one time and not care that there is not a bathroom were you at. It is nice not to have anxiety when out with others. It is also nice not to look 9 months pg all the time, now only like 4 lol. It is so nice to cook dinner and not worry how you are going to make foods like you did pre-gluten free days, that you just know how to cook the healthy way. It is so nice not to have to come on line everytime i want to eat something, or spending time looking up every little thing in life. it is so nice not to have the need to read every single post. And i could have not got to this point without all of you.

Last night i even talked to a 2 people and explained celiac to them and they were fascinated to learn about it. It is so nice when talking about the disease just becomes second nature and u are not stumbling at words trying to explain the disease that you and your son have. I finally know that celiac is just an part of my life, it is not who I am.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Paula,

glad to hear you are feeling better!!! This board is a blessing in disguise, you walk away with more info and some great friends. It helps all around. :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been so supportive and helpful these last few months. I do not think i could have made it threw this time without all of you. I am so happy to be finally getting to be normal (whatever normal is) and loving it. I am now coaching my sons baseball team and im helping out in tball, golf and gymnasitics with the other kids. It is so nice to be out for 3 hours at one time and not care that there is not a bathroom were you at. It is nice not to have anxiety when out with others. It is also nice not to look 9 months pg all the time, now only like 4 lol. It is so nice to cook dinner and not worry how you are going to make foods like you did pre-gluten free days, that you just know how to cook the healthy way. It is so nice not to have to come on line everytime i want to eat something, or spending time looking up every little thing in life. it is so nice not to have the need to read every single post. And i could have not got to this point without all of you.

Last night i even talked to a 2 people and explained celiac to them and they were fascinated to learn about it. It is so nice when talking about the disease just becomes second nature and u are not stumbling at words trying to explain the disease that you and your son have. I finally know that celiac is just an part of my life, it is not who I am.

paula

Dear Paula,

I am so happy for you! It is great you are doing so well! You sure are busy! It must be nice to be active again! I was amazed when the reflux was better. I did not think anything would help it because it was so bad. Who would have thought gluten could cause such trouble?

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Thank you both, it is so nice to be getting better. Of course I am not 100 percent better, but i bet i am at least 75 per cent better. I think also being busy helps alot cause i dont have time to sit around and feel sorry for myself or have the time to sit here all day and think what to eat or cook, now i just grab the foods i like and go.

I just hope some day I can get my step-son to feel as well as I do, he is still having rough days, but i think he is still eating gluten on occasion. But i am going to wait til all all of the allergy testing is done on him, then he will be getting serious on this plan.

paula

Thank you both, it is so nice to be getting better. Of course I am not 100 percent better, but i bet i am at least 75 per cent better. I think also being busy helps alot cause i dont have time to sit around and feel sorry for myself or have the time to sit here all day and think what to eat or cook, now i just grab the foods i like and go.

I just hope some day I can get my step-son to feel as well as I do, he is still having rough days, but i think he is still eating gluten on occasion. But i am going to wait til all all of the allergy testing is done on him, then he will be getting serious on this plan.

paula

Dear Paula,

75 percent better is great! I agree that staying busy is good. I never have been good about sitting still. I do not know why. I suppose I am hyper! Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself really does not do any good, as you said.

I am sorry to hear your step-son is having such a difficult time. I was going to ask about him in my last post. I think he needs to be extremely strict on the diet. If he is not, the results will not be very good. My reaction is so bad, I have not cheated once in the 8+ months I have been gluten-free.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Well see I am not positive if he is cheating, he just has not felt very good since his first round of allergy testing. He has huge circles around his eyes, he is always tired, and just hormonal(not sure if that is cause he was grounded for running up an 121 buck cell phone bill) and he has had to work the bill off. He has also had a very bad cough since last week. His mouth and lips look fine and that is mostly the first sign i can tell he has ate gluten. So maybe it is just the allergy testing that has him sick. Plus i think he might be hormonal cause his mom kept saying she was coming this weekend and said she would call last friday to confirm and she has not called.

I guess it is just easy to blame everything on gluten til you look at the big picture.

paula

Well see I am not positive if he is cheating, he just has not felt very good since his first round of allergy testing. He has huge circles around his eyes, he is always tired, and just hormonal(not sure if that is cause he was grounded for running up an 121 buck cell phone bill) and he has had to work the bill off. He has also had a very bad cough since last week. His mouth and lips look fine and that is mostly the first sign i can tell he has ate gluten. So maybe it is just the allergy testing that has him sick. Plus i think he might be hormonal cause his mom kept saying she was coming this weekend and said she would call last friday to confirm and she has not called.

I guess it is just easy to blame everything on gluten til you look at the big picture.

paula

Dear Paula,

There is another possibility. He may of other sensitivities besides gluten. Is he still eating dairy? That could be trouble. It tends to cause sinus issues. If he is stressed out, that only adds to it. I understand why you would make him pay that bill off, though! That is a lot of money!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

NoGluGirl,

No he is not eating dairy anymore, well that i know of lol. We do have soy milk that he drinks with his cereal in the morning. So maybe soy is giving him problems like it did me. I am now gluten dairy and soy free. Next friday they will be testing him for foods, i cant wait to find out if he is allergic to other foods,

Im sure all the wind we have is not great for his other allergies either. The baseball fields are like a completly dusting and it is terrible. My eyes are even so red from being out there. I think I will go buy us both sunglasses later on today so we can get some protection tonight.

Yes he got grounded and we gave him a list of chores that hd to be done, and we blocked text messaging from his phone. He was not an happy person, but we told him he had 100 free text, cause he had 300, but he decided to text over 900 times. I think if we didnt catch on this month when we did, he would have easily gone over 2 or 3 thousand cause he was doing like 80 an day. but we caught on on the 3 day of hte billing cycle, thank goodness. I guess it just shows 13 yr olds dont need cell phones lol

paula

Yes he got grounded and we gave him a list of chores that hd to be done, and we blocked text messaging from his phone. He was not an happy person, but we told him he had 100 free text, cause he had 300, but he decided to text over 900 times. I think if we didnt catch on this month when we did, he would have easily gone over 2 or 3 thousand cause he was doing like 80 an day. but we caught on on the 3 day of hte billing cycle, thank goodness. I guess it just shows 13 yr olds dont need cell phones lol

paula

Holy Crap! Who is he texting, and about what?

I used 12 text messages last mo, and that was alot!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

Holy Crap! Who is he texting, and about what?

I used 12 text messages last mo, and that was alot!

Well the ones that i read were dumb, there was like 10 that all they said was O and that is all. He was texting like 10 people and said practically the same thing to them all. I have no idea what the 900 said last month, But at least now i know why he was getting F's on homework assignwmnts, when he was in his room supposedly doing homework he was texting instead.

I know I use like 6 a month, i just text hubby when i need him to bring me home somehting lol, or when he or I are at the drs.

paula

NoGluGirl,

No he is not eating dairy anymore, well that i know of lol. We do have soy milk that he drinks with his cereal in the morning. So maybe soy is giving him problems like it did me. I am now gluten dairy and soy free. Next friday they will be testing him for foods, i cant wait to find out if he is allergic to other foods,

Im sure all the wind we have is not great for his other allergies either. The baseball fields are like a completly dusting and it is terrible. My eyes are even so red from being out there. I think I will go buy us both sunglasses later on today so we can get some protection tonight.

paula

Dear Paula,

I am glad he does not have dairy either. Soy might be a problem. It could also be the carageenan. Other members have warned me about that, too! It is sort of like msg. Who knew? Maybe you will find more answers from the allergy testing. Let us know!

It gets pretty windy here as well. That can be bad for allergies. We live near the corn fields. The dust piles up in our house like you would not believe! My eyes are extremely dried out all of the time, and burn off and on.

I cannot believe he send so many text messages! We never text! The price is rediculous! I am surprised you let him live! Since his grades are going down, it is obvious that needs to go! I never saw why people get 12 year olds and even children those things. It is not like they need it for business! I know you want to keep in touch with them, but those things can be such a distraction. They actually banned them at my school for that reason.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001