Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Bakery On Main Granola

I just bought a bag of their gluten free granola and man, is it good. However, when I went on their website I saw that they follow codex. It does NOT have any gluten containing ingredients in it and it did NOT make me sick. Should I trust it? I know that just because it says it follows codex definitions doesn't mean that it automatically has 200ppm. Does anyone have any experiences with this product? I'm looking for a safe, convenient, shelf stable snack like this for my hospital stay when I have the baby.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We've had it before but aren't super sensitive. We didn't have any problems with it. It is good stuff.

I just bought a bag of their gluten free granola and man, is it good. However, when I went on their website I saw that they follow codex. It does NOT have any gluten containing ingredients in it and it did NOT make me sick. Should I trust it? I know that just because it says it follows codex definitions doesn't mean that it automatically has 200ppm. Does anyone have any experiences with this product? I'm looking for a safe, convenient, shelf stable snack like this for my hospital stay when I have the baby.

I loved the stuff when I could still have corn, my DS will eat a whole bag dry if you turn your back. I called the manufacturor when I first saw this and talked to the owner himself about 6 months ago just before they got into Wegmans. They do not use any wheat products at the plant at all but they do use oats in some other stuff they make. I think that is the reason for the codex statement. I am extrememly sensitive and have never had a CC issue with their products.

My son and I are on the very sensitive side, and we have eaten this product without issues. I had to start hiding the bag because my son would scarf the whole thing! He loves it with yogurt for breakfast. I don't eat it to much because it is pretty high in fat, but it is really, really good.

What do you guys think of the rainforest and apple raisin walnut flavors? I had the nutty cranberry and loved it. My birthday's coming up so I'm thinking of asking for cases of the stuff from Amazon, but I want to make sure the other flavors are just as good as the nutty cran before putting it on my wish list.

What do you guys think of the rainforest and apple raisin walnut flavors? I had the nutty cranberry and loved it. My birthday's coming up so I'm thinking of asking for cases of the stuff from Amazon, but I want to make sure the other flavors are just as good as the nutty cran before putting it on my wish list.

The rainforest was my favorite. I even tried grinding it up and adding it to cookie crumbs for a cheesecake crust, yum.

Oh my goodness, that sounds FABULOUS!!! I may have to buy every flavor and see which one I like the best. I think maybe I'll just ask for a case of each for my birthday. Even if I don't like one of the flavors, either my husband or my daughter will. :)

We love the apple raisin walnut. My son is more sensitive than I am and neither one of us has ever had a reaction. I would love to find the cranberry one. The extreme fruit & nut is not bad -but it has huge pieces of dried fruit that get a bit on the tough side.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...