Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juliebove

Famous Bowls

Every time that commercial for KFC famous bowls comes on TV, my daughter drools over it and wishes she could have some. So tonight I made her my version. Now she does have additional food allergies, so I couldn't use any dairy in there. And I have diabetes so I don't need the additional carbs from the breading on the chicken. If you don't have these issues, you could make regular mashed potatoes, add cheese and use breaded chicken.

I started by boiling potatoes in salted water. When tender, I drained most of the water off, then added several pouches of chicken bouillion concentrate, a few splashes of light olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, chopped parsley, then mashed them, tasting and adding seasoning as needed. If you use this method, it's a good idea to reserve some of the drained water in case you need to add it. It's also a good idea to have some gluten-free potato flakes onhand to add if you accidentally left too much water in there as I sometimes do.

For the chicken, I used two cans of white meat chicken. I added the chicken and the water they were packed in to a large skillet. I then added some sweet rice flour and cooked down the water to make a really thick paste. I then added a large carton of chicken broth, a small amount at a time and stirring, cooking it down to a nice thick gravy. I used a spoon to break up the chunks of chicken into smaller pieces.

To serve, I took a large (individual) bowl, put in a layer of mashed potatoes, then sprinkled on some canned corn that had been heated, then topped it with the chicken and gravy. It's very good! And quick to fix.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Julie

That sounds very good. I miss Denny's breakfast bowls.Those would always hit the spot.

I never had one. Didn't eat at Denny's too often. We didn't have any near us when I lived in NY. Can't eat there now at all. The few things on their menu that don't have gluten in them seem to have milk and/or soybean oil.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana