Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radgirl

Alcoholic Beverages

I wasn't sure where to post this, but what alcoholic beverages are we able to safely consume that IS NOT gluten-free beer? Sorry, I don't like beer and am craving a fruity alcoholic drink or even a glass of wine. Please chime in fellow drinkers, if there are any (not like I really drink, this is just a rare craving). :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wine is not something I worry about. It is made from grapes, and there is no reason to add anything with gluten to it. In some cases there may be a concern with casein being used in the filtering. I don't have a problem with casein (milk protein). I just simply consider wine to be safe.

What about those sweet liquors like Contreau or Triple Sec (Must haves for Margaritas!)

And is high end vodka okay?

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...
    Lactose intolerance feels very different to me than the resulting cytokine storm from Gluten exposure. If what you feel is like a Gluten exposure, it was likely cross contamination. It takes more than 800F to break down the sequence that triggers...
    Your anemia should be checked out by your PCP, there are many reasons for anemia, iron and b12 being absorption being directly tied to the effects of celiac. But, there are easily 4 other things that could cause anemia, if you are even anemic ...