Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody know if TCBY (frozen yogurt) is gluten free. If you know, how did you find out? I am new to this and would like to know how you arrive at the answer. i.e., Is there a website or something?

gluten free since 7-07 with positive dietary response

Enterolab results positive for gluten sensitivity

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Anybody know if TCBY (frozen yogurt) is gluten free. If you know, how did you find out? I am new to this and would like to know how you arrive at the answer. i.e., Is there a website or something?

I can't answer you about the yogurt but I do have a method for checking everything.

The best way I have found to get the answer is to go to Google or another search engine and type in the name of the product and the word gluten. Many times the companies answer will be in the first page of links. I find if I just type in the product without the word gluten I sometimes have a real hard time finding the right place to look for it on the pages. Doesn't always work but it is a good first thing to do if you don't have a package and phone number in front of you.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I did a google search last week for gluten free tcby and I did find information on them. I believe (don't quote me on this)they said that most of their flavors do not contain gluten except for the obvious ones like cookie dough and cheesecake and that all of their sorbet flavors are gluten free. If you do a search for it, the info comes up right away.

I sent TCBY an email once and received back a reply saying that all the flavors that don't include obvious gluten like cookies and cream are gluten free. However, I have had to give up on them - the dairy still bothers me too much and even their sorbets cause me some discomfort. One other thing to watch for - in the TCBY stores I have been in, when it's time to change flavors in a machine they run it down and then put in the next flavor - rarely if ever washing the machine out between flavors. This can lead to cross contamination problems if they switch out flavors very much. Often the vanilla and chocolate machine is always some variation of those two flavors so would be the safest. You may want to ask about that though.