Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amberleigh

Couple Of Food Questions...

Is cream cheese okay? Specifically Philadelphia Cream Cheese flavored?

Also, what about wine coolers? Lots of them are malt beverages, so I'm guessing they're a no no, right? Are there any that are safe? Like Bacardi or Smirnoff? What about the White Russian/kahlua kinds?

Sorry, I'm new at this and don't want to make a silly mistake...not to mention I was just pregnant for a majority of the last 2 years and am dying for a drink...ha! :P

Guest j_mommy

I don't do wine coolers of any kind. They didn't sit right with me before so I don't want o try them now.

I know regular cream cheese is ok, not sure of flavored....check the back of teh box or call/email the co if you are unsure.

Here's cream cheese dip that's great with apples:

1 box cream cheese...I use the low fat stuff, tastes the same

1 C brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

Mix it all together and use for apple dip,I use granny smith...the tart and sweet taste good together!

Philadelphia cream cheese is made my Kraft and they will disclose any gluten on the label, regardless of the flavor. I have no idea about the wine coolers...sorry. :rolleyes:

If you are in the US, pretty much all wine coolers are out of the question. They are all malt drinks.

I loved wine coolers. I am now drinking hard cider with my gluten free pizza. Woodchuck has an extensive line and I can find them almost anywhere.

Woodchuck hard cider

I use strawberry flavored cream cheese almost everyday. As it has been said, it is a Kraft product and they will list all ingredients.

In place of wine coolers I've taken to mixing wine with soda water or flavored soda water. It's a cheap version of a wine cooler. Just make sure the flavored water is gluten-free.

violet