This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Test Results - Help?

jennavive00

jennavive00 Explorer

I requested a blood test for Celiac disease, and my doctor called and told me that the results were"very convincing" and I should get on the diet asap. I want to be sure before I cut out all of those wonderful foods, but I'm having a hard time reading my results and finding information online to help. Does anyone have any knowledge and can offer their advice?

Results:

H. pylori Ab (IgG0 Screen: Negative

Gliadin Peptide Ab IgA: 230

Gliadin Peptide Ab IgG: 102

TTG Ab, IgA: 24.5 AU

Thanks!

~Jenna

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

jenna,

Can you post the reference ranges, to help you interpret?

jennavive00 Explorer

Results:

no range

19 or less - Negative

20-30 - Weak Pos.

31+ - Pos.

19 or less - Negative

20-30 - Weak Pos.

31+ - Pos.

7.0 or greater, positive

I see that they are all positive except the first one, but how high do the number need to be to have a 100% diagnosis? I read somewhere where someone said something about the TTG number being 25 or higher...So does that mean that you can test positive for TTG but not have Celiac's? I am confused!

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Results:

no range

19 or less - Negative

20-30 - Weak Pos.

31+ - Pos.

19 or less - Negative

20-30 - Weak Pos.

31+ - Pos.

7.0 or greater, positive

I see that they are all positive except the first one, but how high do the number need to be to have a 100% diagnosis? I read somewhere where someone said something about the TTG number being 25 or higher...So does that mean that you can test positive for TTG but not have Celiac's? I am confused!

These are strong positive results. Welcome to the family. Read as much here as you can and ask any questions you need to. Boy do I wish my blood tests had looked like yours, it would have saved me years of pain, hopelessness and permanent disability. It will seem hard at first, and it does take some getting used to but it is going to be well worth it in the end.

NY547 Newbie

Jenna, you definately have celiac. I would think that your doctor would want to schedule you for an endoscopy to see the extent of the damage in your small intestines at this point, but not all feel it is necessary. (The TTG # usually reflects the amount of damage that has occured, and any positive # is indicative of damage to your villi)

The H Pylori is not part of the celiac screen and is a test they do now to check for ulcers, which can have the same symptoms as celiac in many cases. They were probably just ruling it out when they ran the celiac screen. The H pylori usually responds well to antibiotics, but in your case, a gluten free diet is definately needed.

Many times they also will check for Lyme disease which also mimicks celiac and can co-exist.

jennavive00 Explorer

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the help, and it looks like I'll have more questions to come... :)

~Jenna

happygirl Collaborator

Jenna,

As stated before, your bloodwork is positive for Celiac.

Stick around....lots of good info!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

PatsyW Newbie
I requested a blood test for Celiac disease, and my doctor called and told me that the results were"very convincing" and I should get on the diet asap. I want to be sure before I cut out all of those wonderful foods, but I'm having a hard time reading my results and finding information online to help. Does anyone have any knowledge and can offer their advice?

Results:

Thanks!

~Jenna

Archived