Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuxedocat

If It's Not Celiac, What Is It?

My blood test just came back negative... but I've had the symptoms of celiac including DH. My doctor thinks it could be my hyperthyroidism. What do y'all think?

2007 - dx'd with Graves' Disease

Suspected DH (no biopsy)

Tested negative for celiac (after gluten free two months)

2012 - Gluten free again after suggestion it might help my thyroid symptoms. Many strange one-off symptoms cleared up. Brain fog gone.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you sure it is DH? Was it biopsied?

If you really have DH that was tested to be DH, then you do have celiac.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Try the diet before you believe those blood tests, and as stated if you have DH you need to be on the gluten free diet, period, end of story. I was always negative on blood tests and believing them cost me many many many painful years. And some permanent damage that I would not have had if I had been diagnosed when I was first symptomatic. I also have DH but it was misdiagnosed as poison ivy for years and years. You may still have other issues going on but do get on the diet strictly and those other issues may lessen or even resolve altogether.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)