Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amberleigh

Quick Question About 2 Items

Totally random things, but I need to know before this weekend. Thanks in advance!

HVR lists "modified food starch" on their bottled dressing and packets...is it okay? I emailed the company but would like to know ASAP.

And I'm going to make a gluten-free cake this weekend. The recipe calls for "gluten free vanilla"...is this different than vanilla extract? My McCormick's vanilla extract appears to be okay. Is it?

Vanilla extract is on the celiac.com list of safe food ingredients. In the past, there was a question about its gluten content, but now it is generally accepted that it is gluten free.

Here is info from the hidden valley ranch website:

Do Hidden Valley

Hidden Valley is gluten free (as we recently found out) and McCormicks vanilla is also gluten free. Gluten free vanilla would be the extract, otherwise it would be a vanilla bean which would be naturally gluten free. Stick with McCormicks. :D

Yahoo! Thank you guys soooooo much!

There is this local restaurant that makes AWESOME pasta salad and we have it at all our family functions (my son's baptism is this weekend) and I was wanting them to put some sauce to the side and I'd make my own gluten-free pasta noodles. They use HVR packets in the sauce though so I wasn't sure?? Thanks soooo much!

Yahoo! Thank you guys soooooo much!

There is this local restaurant that makes AWESOME pasta salad and we have it at all our family functions (my son's baptism is this weekend) and I was wanting them to put some sauce to the side and I'd make my own gluten-free pasta noodles. They use HVR packets in the sauce though so I wasn't sure?? Thanks soooo much!

A word of caution...if the restaurant mixes up the dry HVR dressing, please make sure that they use a fresh jar of mayo or anything else that is added to the dry dressing. Clean utensile would be good as well. That would prevent possible cross contamination in the kitchen.

Have a wonderful baptism and celebration.

Guest j_mommy

BEWARE::::

I was the one who emailed HVR.....some of there packet mixes do contain wheat.....but they will clearly list any form of gluten....so call ahead and make sure it's ok!!!!!!!

Totally random things, but I need to know before this weekend. Thanks in advance!

HVR lists "modified food starch" on their bottled dressing and packets...is it okay? I emailed the company but would like to know ASAP.

And I'm going to make a gluten-free cake this weekend. The recipe calls for "gluten free vanilla"...is this different than vanilla extract? My McCormick's vanilla extract appears to be okay. Is it?

AllMcCormick extracts are gluten free. I have spoken to the company myself