Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DingoGirl

Urgent Techno/photo Help Needed! Party Is 8/23....

Halllooo friends!

I am giving a luncheon for my mom's 70th birthday on Thursday (two days from now) and - being the dingbat that I am - - can't find the negative for a photo I'd like to enlarge (after a HEINOUS search!).

The photo I have is small - a 4 x 6 that's been cropped w/ scissors - and I'd like to enlarge it to 8 x 10. What's the best way to do this? Can I just go to Walgreen's or another drug store? Should I go to Kinko's? A specialty photo shop?

Note the deadline - only two days away. :ph34r: A last-minute photo and I am an eejit. :lol:

thanks for any tips!

Susie Q, I am not an expert or anything on these matters.....but I have taken a photo to Walgreen's before. They have a one hour photo service.

They took my picture, scanned it there (you can also scan it yourself and load it to your computer and e-mail it to them through Walgreens.com to the location nearest you, I've done it that way too), then they made me enlarged copies- I did 5x7s but they can do any size you like.

The only thing I don't know is if the scissor cropping of the picture will effect the size they can enlarge it to (due to the change of dimensions), that would be something to ask the experts over at the one hour photo :lol:

Hope that helped.

Thank you girls! I was thinking that's what I should do. I shall dash madly over to Walgreen's this instant, and make two sizes to see which is best......

let's hope at least one of them turns out..... :blink: