Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've been using Whole Foods 365 Organic 2% milk and find that it seems to go bad rather quickly. Does organic milk have a short shelf life - under a week? Or maybe it's just that brand? It happens every time. I don't really notice an off smell, but when poured into my coffee the milk leaves little white streaks (for want of a better description) on top of the coffee. Should organic milk be stored at a cooler temperature than regular milk? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've been using Whole Foods 365 Organic 2% milk and find that it seems to go bad rather quickly. Does organic milk have a short shelf life - under a week? Or maybe it's just that brand? It happens every time. I don't really notice an off smell, but when poured into my coffee the milk leaves little white streaks (for want of a better description) on top of the coffee. Should organic milk be stored at a cooler temperature than regular milk? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I just used Organic valley Farms and the same thing happened! Any one else want to comment on the organic milk?

Thanks!

I forget what causes that (very hot coffee and very cold milk maybe), but I know it happens with both organic and non-organic milk. It does not mean the milk is bad.

Ok - I just read something that said that if the milk isn't homogenized it can get fat on the top. From the Horizon Organic faq section: We homogenize our milk so that the butterfat, or cream, does not rest at the top of the milk. Homogenization provides smooth, drinkable milk, and the process also allows us to offer you a variety of choices of fat levels.

tcat - maybe that's what we are seeing? does your milk smell bad too or just the streaks on top? this is driving me crazy.

Ok - I just read something that said that if the milk isn't homogenized it can get fat on the top. From the Horizon Organic faq section: We homogenize our milk so that the butterfat, or cream, does not rest at the top of the milk. Homogenization provides smooth, drinkable milk, and the process also allows us to offer you a variety of choices of fat levels.

tcat - maybe that's what we are seeing? does your milk smell bad too or just the streaks on top? this is driving me crazy.

It smells sour and my son won't drink it. Says it's yucky!