Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoveBeingATwin

Retirement Gift Idea?

I need advise on what type of gift, if any to give to someone who just sucessfully completed his 31 year career. I use to work with him, I was new to the job and he became my friend..not too many did. He is very sweet and I really appreciated him taking me in when I was new. Oh ya..he was the only one that kept in touch with me when I was off on workers comp for surgery. Anywy...need an appropriate/professional gift idea. Thanks!

I need advise on what type of gift, if any to give to someone who just sucessfully completed his 31 year career. I use to work with him, I was new to the job and he became my friend..not too many did. He is very sweet and I really appreciated him taking me in when I was new. Oh ya..he was the only one that kept in touch with me when I was off on workers comp for surgery. Anywy...need an appropriate/professional gift idea. Thanks!

A gift cert. to his favorite store or restaurant

A gift basket of his favorite snacks

Gift cert. to a bed and breakfast for a jump start on retirement.

Movie tickets or concert tickets

plant a tree in his name somewhere

gift cert to a nursery (he can pick out his own plants)

Those are a few off the top of my head :)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Does he have any outside interests?

A cooking class at a local culinary school - or with a local chef?

A wine tasting class? A lot of vineyards offer them.

Dance lessons at a local studio?

A hardcover copy of a book you have really enjoyed with a letter explaining how important his kindnesses have been to you...

A magazine subsription to Golf Magazine- or any other of his interests....seems there's a magazine for everything.....

I was also thinking gift certificate for something he can do in his new free time. Like dance lessons or a wine tasting class. That's what my parents did the minute they retired :)