Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklyn

Singapore Street Noodles

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in regarding this meal. I ordered it once at PF Changs and it was delicious. Recently, I ordered it again and after one bite it tasted so spicy, I couldn't eat any more. I told the waiter and he said he would have them make a new dish (mild). He came back so quickly I was a bit suspicious. That dish was exactly the same (so spicy). At that point, I was frustrated and just left the restaurant. I can't eat anything spicy, and I don't remember it tasting that way the first time I ordered it.

Anyone else have this experience? Is this dish supposed to be spicy?

Thanks.

Kathy C.

I've had the gluten free version of the Singapore Street Noodles about 4 or 5 times now, and it has never been spicy. My tongue is pretty sensitive to spicy food (I'm a spice wimp). It has always been very mild for me, no spice at all. Maybe they made a mistake in the kitchen or they had a different chef - I have experienced meals there tasting different on different days. One time I had something that was so salty I could barely eat it. Turns out it was a chef visiting from another city. Usually it is quite good though, no matter what I order.

I have only had that dish once at PF Changs, but it was not really spicy. My Mom even tried it and she doesn't like spicy stuff at all.