Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawnsister

How Much And How Long Do I Have To Eat Gluten?

I need to have my IGG blood tests and whatever else they decide, but I was gluten free all summer because I was working at a kids summer camp and I didn't want to feel sick.

No one seems to know how much gluten I need to eat or for how long before I have the blood work done now that came is over. I've been having small amounts each day for the past week or so, half a donut, half a waffle. I feel like crap - past two days I've had to nap. My hair is falling out again.

Anyone have any ideas??

****does it matter if I took about 6-7 weeks off, and then realized I probably was never a good 100% from lack of knowledge?

The rule of thumb is to eat the equivilent of 3-4 slices of bread a day for 3-4 months. The more, the better.

Some people choose not to go through with it because they get so sick. A positive response to the gluten-free diet is in and of itself a valid diagnostic tool.

The rule of thumb is to eat the equivilent of 3-4 slices of bread a day for 3-4 months. The more, the better.

Some people choose not to go through with it because they get so sick. A positive response to the gluten-free diet is in and of itself a valid diagnostic tool.

I do feel I'm more of a gluten sensitive than a celiac, but it would be good to know for sure. Reading Gluten Free Bible, things are clicking and falling into place. However, both boys were just tested and I'm waiting to see their blood results. They have not been gluten free, I guess I can judge more off their results where I should go from there.

Guest j_mommy

Dr. Green recommend 1-3 months of eating four slices of bread a day. He also says in his book that blood tests can still be iffy and a biopsy should be doen to be sure when doing a gluten challenge!

Good Luck and I agree, I wanted to know for sure too! I wanted the testing done!