Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

debmidge

Peripheral Neuropathy

Other than gastro and neurologist what kind of doctor will treat this? My husband's PN is not from diabetes - that's been ruled out already. It could be B12 deficiency, but he's been tested for that and it was Ok.

Any suggestions?

Your regular PCP can treat B12 deficiency. They can order you B12 shots, they can give them in the office or you can do them at home. Usually you start out with a shot a day for a month, then they get reduced to a shot a week then either every 2 weeks or once a month, depending on how well the person is doing. There is a good book out there called, "Could It Be B12" by Sally PacholoK, RN and Jeffrey J Stuart DO--I got mine from amazon .com. A neuro can treat you for B12 deficiency too though. A friend of mine is being treated by his neuro.

I am trying to travel this road too. Sometimes you have to do it alone. Read about B12 in wrongdiagnosis.com. http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=9948 It's a huge thread and I have learned so much there. If you privately message Sally, she will answer you.

Deb