Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElenaDragon

Peanuts

On Wednesday I had some peanut butter (all natural, just peanuts and salt) while I was making a chocolate peanut butter pudding recipe. Shortly afterward, my stomach started to quite a bit. On Thursday I had the chocolate peanut butter pudding at lunch, and again my stomach started to hurt again right afterwards. I tested it again later that evening and had the same reaction, and I haven't had problems with the other ingredients in the recipe. I have not had a reaction like this to peanut butter or to other foods that I can recall (usually I get constipation/diarrhea and gas). Could this be an allergy or intolerance to peanuts? I already know I have problems with soy (gas, fatigue, and headaches right after eating). I have also been avoiding beans since they were problematic the last time I had them. Maybe it is a problem with legumes?

It doesn't sound like a peanut allergy (not that you shouldn't get tested if you're worried). It sounds more like a legume issue to be honest. Peanut butter is also known to be pretty moldy. Some people react to it for that reason too.

At some point I would like to get tested for allergies/intolerances, but there isn't a pressing need for it right now. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which foods I should be avoiding besides gluten (so far dairy and soy, and possibly peanuts).

I'm guessing you can be allergic or intolerance to mold then? What other foods are moldy?