Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElenaDragon

Peanuts

Recommended Posts

On Wednesday I had some peanut butter (all natural, just peanuts and salt) while I was making a chocolate peanut butter pudding recipe. Shortly afterward, my stomach started to quite a bit. On Thursday I had the chocolate peanut butter pudding at lunch, and again my stomach started to hurt again right afterwards. I tested it again later that evening and had the same reaction, and I haven't had problems with the other ingredients in the recipe. I have not had a reaction like this to peanut butter or to other foods that I can recall (usually I get constipation/diarrhea and gas). Could this be an allergy or intolerance to peanuts? I already know I have problems with soy (gas, fatigue, and headaches right after eating). I have also been avoiding beans since they were problematic the last time I had them. Maybe it is a problem with legumes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't sound like a peanut allergy (not that you shouldn't get tested if you're worried). It sounds more like a legume issue to be honest. Peanut butter is also known to be pretty moldy. Some people react to it for that reason too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point I would like to get tested for allergies/intolerances, but there isn't a pressing need for it right now. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which foods I should be avoiding besides gluten (so far dairy and soy, and possibly peanuts).

I'm guessing you can be allergic or intolerance to mold then? What other foods are moldy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...