Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oyea

Heartburn And Jaw Pain...fibromyalgia?

Hello!

I'm new to this website, and had a couple questions hopefully someone out there can answer.

I've been gluten-free since March '07. I was not "officially" diagnosed, but had severe LOUD digestive noises coming from my stomach. Now that I'm gluten-free, no more noises (my Mom also has celiac).

I have never had heartburn before, but since going gluten-free, I have severe heartburn all the time. I am currently on Famotidine and Prilosec. I have also developed bad jaw/temple/cheek pain. A Dr told me this could be due to fibromyalgia, that is linked to celiac. Has anyone else had these symptoms, and if so, do you know of why this would happen after going gluten-free?

Any help would be appreciated.

The temple, jaw and cheek pain sounds like it could be TMJ. Concerning the GERD, I wonder if you have developed other food intolerances/allergies as an offshoot of your celiac disease or if you have H. Pylori or some other infection like candida? Also, there are many GERD medications available these days. If one doesn't work for you maybe anther will.

Steve

I agree that the jaw pain is likely TMJ related. I have the same thing...along with the temple/cheek pain...although its much better now.

Fibromyalgia is a cluster of symptoms labeled as a "condition"....same as IBS. The symptoms of Fibro and TMJ are usually brought on by chronic infections.