This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Curious If It Is Common!

adiftime

How long is your pinky finger?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

amyluvsgaskarth Newbie

thanks...

my only problem is that i go to a prep school. My mom doesn't pack lunches. And every day for lunch, they have fries. Pizza. everything that has gluten =\

And it's extremely tempting when you're my age, and everyone around you can eat what they want.

OH! Does anyone else have a "toe thumb"?

I don't know if that also goes with Celiac/Arthritis... so just wondering :)

• 3 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baileysmith Newbie

I just googled "short pinky finger" out of curiosity, because I am a violinist struggling with some of the more advanced techniques. I also happen to have gluten sensitivity and quit all gluten products six months ago. I was totally blown away to find this connection! Live and learn! :lol:

Reba32 Rookie

I'm diagnosed Celiac and my right pinky is slightly above the knuckle, and my left pinky is right at the knuckle.

StacyA Enthusiast

Are we going to start a poll to see how many people have a longer ring finger than middle finger - which supposedly is an inherited trait that used to be tied to lycanthropy (werewolfism)?

Anyway - I intially voted that my pinkie reached the joint, but that was my right hand. My left pinkie is below the joint - so I voted again. I have celiac's.

kayo Explorer

My pinkies are above the joint and I am diagnosed celiac. My ring finger is also longer than my middle... is it a full moon tonight? :-)

I have RA so it's possible my fingers are not good indicators.

I too read something about a large forehead and a buffalo hump being signs of celiac but I have neither.

• 1 year later...
comfortatlast Newbie

I never even heard of the 5th finger test until today!Both my pinky's are shorter than my last joint on my ring finger, I never thought that was unusual. The things you learn!

ArcticLotus Newbie

I'm self-diagnosed, 4 weeks gluten free and feeling MUCH better.

Both my pinkies are about 3 mm below the knuckle when viewed from the palm. :)

I know my mom's are the same.

My pinky toes are also rediculously short.

All my other toes are long, monkey-like, while the pinky toe curls under the others, and the nail is so small and crooked it's hard to cut.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Skylark Collaborator

So where is the control group of non-gluten intolerant folks to make this poll meaningful? :P

alex11602 Collaborator

So where is the control group of non-gluten intolerant folks to make this poll meaningful? :P

I wish that we could actually have results for it, mine are way shorter too and I would love to know if it was related, if only because these kinds of things fascinate me.

bartfull Rising Star

Yep, both of my pinkies are VERY short. I play and teach guitar and it hasn't been a problem. I DID have a student once, whose fingers were tremendously long, but she had the "toe thumb" someone mentioned earlier. Seriously, her thumbs were unusually short and wide. They looked JUST like toes. (She doesn't take lessons anymore, but she is a GREAT guitarist, and a creative songwriter.)

Archived