Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel_jd1

Had My Scopes Yesterday

As you may, or may not know, I had upper and lower scopes done yesterday. I have been having tons of trouble for several months now. I finally got the scopes scheduled and had them yesterday. Other than being a bit tired today and having a sore jaw....I feel good today.

I believe that I might have an answer to some of the pain I have been experiencing over the last few months. I have a hiatial hernia. The doctor said that my esophagus was erroding due to the acid. He had put me on prilosec otc (still need to check to see if it's gluten-free).

He also found some polyps in my colon. I find that pretty scarey for someone in their 20's. It is being sent off for testing.

He also took some biopsies of my small intestine. I guess he figured while he was in there, he would check things out.

If anyone can offer any advice on hiatial hernias or anything else. I'd love to hear it. I mostly just wanted to update the folks who have been so supportive and have sent me kind wishes and such. Thanks everybody for the kind words, they DO help!! I am hopefully now on the road to feeling a bit better again!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

As you may, or may not know, I had upper and lower scopes done yesterday. I have been having tons of trouble for several months now. I finally got the scopes scheduled and had them yesterday. Other than being a bit tired today and having a sore jaw....I feel good today.

I believe that I might have an answer to some of the pain I have been experiencing over the last few months. I have a hiatial hernia. The doctor said that my esophagus was erroding due to the acid. He had put me on prilosec otc (still need to check to see if it's gluten-free).

He also found some polyps in my colon. I find that pretty scarey for someone in their 20's. It is being sent off for testing.

He also took some biopsies of my small intestine. I guess he figured while he was in there, he would check things out.

If anyone can offer any advice on hiatial hernias or anything else. I'd love to hear it. I mostly just wanted to update the folks who have been so supportive and have sent me kind wishes and such. Thanks everybody for the kind words, they DO help!! I am hopefully now on the road to feeling a bit better again!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Hi Jessica,

I too am in my 20''s and have a hiatal hernia, the eroding esophogas, gerd, reflux, and no polyps on the colon but on the gall bladder. To releive the pain and discomfort (which w/ the hernia and when having gluten I bloat HUGE) I ate very bland foods, no alcohol, no raw veggies, and slept w/ the upper part of my bed elevated about 6 inches and never laid down till about 3 hours after eating. Never laid on the couch, rested in recliner. No chewing gum or chewing pills/tablets. That lets in excess air that you don't need. It takes time and you may always have the hernia but w/ some precaution you can feel better.

Jody