Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

winsblow

Are My Problems Celiac

I have been searching for answers to my problems for years. I am 32 and have had tons of symptoms that no doctor can diagnose. I have had gut problems from 3 years old until now. They always seemed to come and go in severity but have never really ever cleared up, just different levels of severity. I constantly have gas coming out both ends. lots of symptoms Dr.'s have classified as IBS. Here are a list of symptom I have. cutting pains in chest, heartburn, acid reflux, stomach pain and gas, abdominal pains, bloody stools, swollen anus, headaches, sinus pressure without congestion, sinus headaches, migraines, severe scalp infections (folliculitis that is not cured with traditional antibiotics) large cysts on scalp, weight gain due to having to always eat because my stomach hurts when empty, less frequently I have certain joints in my fingers that slightly flair up and are painful, I have had muscles that are sore for a week or so, for no reason and I have a problem in the morning that is hard to describe other than feeling like I got hit by a truck. It is kind of like my head is foggy and hurts with kinda of a sick feeling in my head and sinuses. My gut area around to my back feels like for a lack of better words ROTTEN. I feel like my guts are rotting inside. This usually goes away after a half hour or so of waking up. Oh yeah I also have non-stop hissing in my ears "they" call tinitus but seems to get worse while my symptom get worse. I don't have any genetic history (that I know of) of celiacs but I am at a loss of what's wrong. have seen many a doctor with no luck. Most doctors dismiss my symptoms and I can't remember the last time I felt good. Oh yeah one more thing. I am usually tired or lacking energy. I also seem to be depressed. I think mostly because I don't know whats wrong. I can remember, even as a kid, wanting a doctor to tell me something is wrong with me even if it was something bad so I could know how to deal. Does any of this sound like a gluten problem??? Any help would be great

I have been searching for answers to my problems for years. I am 32 and have had tons of symptoms that no doctor can diagnose. I have had gut problems from 3 years old until now. They always seemed to come and go in severity but have never really ever cleared up, just different levels of severity. I constantly have gas coming out both ends. lots of symptoms Dr.'s have classified as IBS. Here are a list of symptom I have. cutting pains in chest, heartburn, acid reflux, stomach pain and gas, abdominal pains, bloody stools, swollen anus, headaches, sinus pressure without congestion, sinus headaches, migraines, severe scalp infections (folliculitis that is not cured with traditional antibiotics) large cysts on scalp, weight gain due to having to always eat because my stomach hurts when empty, less frequently I have certain joints in my fingers that slightly flair up and are painful, I have had muscles that are sore for a week or so, for no reason and I have a problem in the morning that is hard to describe other than feeling like I got hit by a truck. It is kind of like my head is foggy and hurts with kinda of a sick feeling in my head and sinuses. My gut area around to my back feels like for a lack of better words ROTTEN. I feel like my guts are rotting inside. This usually goes away after a half hour or so of waking up. Oh yeah I also have non-stop hissing in my ears "they" call tinitus but seems to get worse while my symptom get worse. I don't have any genetic history (that I know of) of celiacs but I am at a loss of what's wrong. have seen many a doctor with no luck. Most doctors dismiss my symptoms and I can't remember the last time I felt good. Oh yeah one more thing. I am usually tired or lacking energy. I also seem to be depressed. I think mostly because I don't know whats wrong. I can remember, even as a kid, wanting a doctor to tell me something is wrong with me even if it was something bad so I could know how to deal. Does any of this sound like a gluten problem??? Any help would be great

It wouldn't hurt to get tested for celiac disease while you are still eating gluten.

You may also want to look into Lyme Disease -- check out this thread. http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=36163

If it's not celiac disease or Lyme, keep looking, feeling bad like this is NOT normal! I put up with others thinking I was a hypochondriac for way too many years. Hang in there.