Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zarfkitty

Whole Foods 365 Brand Gluten-free Cookie Mix

I'm not sure if it's news here or not (probably not!) but Whole Foods has released a 365 gluten-free dry mix line. When I heard about it, I popped over to my nearest Whole Foods and picked up one of everything, except the sandwich bread mix because it has dairy.

I made and served the chocolate chip cookie mix to gluten-eater guests this evening. It was a very user friendly dough that was easy to work. And the cookies themselves were tasty.

I'm excited because the 365 versions of mixes are about a fifty cents to a dollar cheaper than the specialty brands at my local store. I've also got pizza crust mix, white cake mix, chocolate cake mix, brownie mix, muffin mix, and pancake/waffle mix. All in the name of experimentation, of course! As I try the other mixes I'll report again!

-Shannon in Austin TX

Well I tried the 365 gluten free muffin mix this morning for breakfast. I added frozen blueberries to it but otherwise followed the instructions on the box.

It had a good texture but I think it needs sugar. Of course that would be a personal decision. I'd buy it again, but I'd tinker with it.

-Shannon

That is interesting. I noticed last time I was at Whole Foods they had marked as discontinued several of the gluten-free mixes, including Pamela's bread mix, which I regularly use to make bagels. Now I wonder if that is the reason for it? I can't wait to go check out what they have.

Thanks for reporting this......I usually avoid Whole Foods like the plague b/c of the prices! I might give these mixes a shot though. I still have yet to have really good gluten-free/casein free cookies, and I feel like I've tried nearly everything.

Thanks for reporting this......I usually avoid Whole Foods like the plague b/c of the prices! I might give these mixes a shot though. I still have yet to have really good gluten-free/casein free cookies, and I feel like I've tried nearly everything.

IMHO, Cherrybrook Kitchen (www.cherrybrookkitchen.com) makes the best cookie mixes.