Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Hair Loss

One other thing that can help hair growth although it seems odd is good circulation. The medication I was on made me lose hair because it affected my circulation which was one of the side effects, but it took some researching to figure out that poor circulation can actually cause hair loss.

That's interesting to hear. I wonder if that is what is at issue for me, and whether it is related to EDS. I have some issue with circulation (cold extremities, feel cold all the time, sometimes feel dizzy or like I'm going to faint.)

Michelle

I had major hairloss about a year ago and I started taking a theraputic amout of BIOTIN every day and my hair is thicker than ever now!

very very happy

5000 mcg's

good luck! :)

My doctor recommended that I take Zinc and Selenium (Make sure it's a gluten free brand, like Nature Made). He told me that if I went in to a vitamin store and asked for the hair and nail formula supplement - that is what it would contain.

For me - I find that if I take 200 mcg of Selenium (286%) in addition to my multi-vitamin, my hair is much thicker.

Cindy