Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmd3

Ingredients - Will I Be Glutened?

I just toasted gluten free muffins - but I put on apple butter and it was so good . but will the apple butter have natural gluten in it?

The ingredients are just apples, and apple cider.

I would be curious as to what was actually in the apple cider. Have you tried contacting the company who makes it?

I just toasted gluten free muffins - but I put on apple butter and it was so good . but will the apple butter have natural gluten in it?

The ingredients are just apples, and apple cider.

There is no contact number....

This is on the jar:

Woodstock Orchards - 100% Natural-Unsweetened Apple Spread

Ingredients: Made from fresh apples and apple cider. Nothing else.

Distrubuted by Woodstock Orchards

Chersterfield, NH 03443

Any thoughts to if I will be ill? I am really scared, didn't even think this would be bad!!

There is no contact number....

This is on the jar:

Woodstock Orchards - 100% Natural-Unsweetened Apple Spread

Distrubuted by Woodstock Orchards

Chersterfield, NH 03443

Any thoughts to if I will be ill? I am really scared, didn't even think this would be bad!!

You should have no problem, gluten related.

Thank-you for your rely. I have just been worried since I ate the apple spread....I am so tired of stressing out this week!

The health food store where I purchased this item just called me back....she states that she contacted the company, and the product is not certified gluten free, so they would not advise me to eat the product.

Okay. it's too late, but, is there anything that I can do to perhaps limit the possible effects? I have drank alot of water, but I don't want to get to overly bloated.

Any suggestions?

it means that they don't test it, and might mean that they produce other things in the factory. chances are, you'll be just fine. the only things that have gluten that you have to worry about are wheat, barley, rye, and oats. apples don't contain any form of gluten at all.

After all this time the company just called me to inform me that the product IS gluten free and it is produced in a gluten free factory. WOW, almost a month went by, I haven't had any since just in case......

It is delicious and worth eating....now that I know I can!

I love apple butter. What brand was it?

Yellow Rose

It says

"Apple Spread" On the jar - ( IT tastes like apple butter almost like I remember it when my grandma made it the old fashion way in a copper kettle)

made by Woodstock Orchards - 100% Natural-Unsweetened Apple Spread