Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Motorboater

Having Terrible Gas Quiet Ofter.....

I know that everyone has different symptoms but is there any clear answer on having gas more often than not...? I'm thinking of calling the Dr. today but don't want to waste my time in going "if" there is nothing he can do for me. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not eating any gluten and it just crossed my mind last night that maybe I'm having food allergies......

Pam

I know that everyone has different symptoms but is there any clear answer on having gas more often than not...? I'm thinking of calling the Dr. today but don't want to waste my time in going "if" there is nothing he can do for me. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not eating any gluten and it just crossed my mind last night that maybe I'm having food allergies......

Pam

Hi Pam,

The gas means that you're still eating something that your system dosen't like. About the only thing your doctor can do is give you Simethicone--that's what my ex-gastro did for me and then sent me on my way <_<

The best way to get to the cause of the gas is to do an elimination diet--I would start with soy, dairy (if you eat them) and legumes.

To doctors, gas "isn't a big problem". For us, of course, it is huge. My guess for you would be another food intolerance. :)

Hi Pam,

The gas means that you're still eating something that your system dosen't like. About the only thing your doctor can do is give you Simethicone--that's what my ex-gastro did for me and then sent me on my way <_<

The best way to get to the cause of the gas is to do an elimination diet--I would start with soy, dairy (if you eat them) and legumes.

To doctors, gas "isn't a big problem". For us, of course, it is huge. My guess for you would be another food intolerance. :)

Thank you for the info. I have a call into my Dr. and am going to go in and see him,,,,,,it's embarrasing and sometimes I think "oh god" I can't go anywhere with this symptom. I've only been diagnosed since July '07 so this is all soooo new to me. Thank you again for the info.

Pam