Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daughter_of_TheLight

Nervous...

I'm really nervous. I'm going to my first sleepover as a celiac. We'll be up all night snacking and roleplaying till we drop! What I'm really nervous about is CC. With me so tired, I don't know what will happen!!! I'm going to pack food, though. Does anyone have any suggestions for food and ways to remember not to eat the popcorn without writing on my hands and taping a sticky note to my forehead?

I think if you tell the other girls what you can and cannot eat, they will help you remember and yell "NO!" if you are about to eat the wrong thing.

And make sure you have lots of yummy things to eat for yourself, so you won't be tempted.

About avoiding cc: I would make sure your snacks are not at all near the other kid's snacks, and that you have your own dish for your stuff in front of you. And don't have anybody with gluten on their hands hand you your snacks, get them yourself.

And don't forget to have fun!

thank you! I've been seriously freaking out over this. But I'll have fun, (Julia will see to that...) and try not to get glutened!

thank you! I've been seriously freaking out over this. But I'll have fun, (Julia will see to that...) and try not to get glutened!

It'll be fine--just be sure to keep your snacks near you so there's no confusion. ;)

Let us know how it went!

Kay! It's not till friday, sadly. And I'm gonna have to make brownies on thursday...

Make something that is gluten free and share with everyone. That way they will know that you can enjoy some of the same things that other people do. Double Chocolate Brownies would be a good thought. ;)

I agree with making sure you have lots of things you know you can eat. I know when I'm around friends I always make sure I surround myself with foods I know are safe--like for popcorn, make sure you have your own bowl of it to enjoy, and that it's not near the other kids foods.

Ok! I did it! I did an All-nighter with no CC that i could find! I brought my own snacks and a pan of brownies to share, (one of my friends couldn't eat then because it had potato flour in it, she's allergic to potatos...) Potato chips, marshmellows, and coke. (I overpacked...) I don't think I got CC unless some crumbs floated onto my thing or something. Thank you for all your help and support! You don't know how much it means to me.