Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skipper30

Do I Keep The Appointment?

Recommended Posts

Cooper has a check up later this month with his GI.(It is about a 4 hour drive for us). I was planning on canceling it since all she does is look at him and ask how he is doing. BUT this week he has developed psoriasis. Not a huge shock..Dad has it, so do grandmothers on both sides. But he is almost 5...I hate to see it this young! :huh:

I am wondering if I should keep the appointment and ask to have his levels tested. Does it even matter? This is a new kink and I just do not know what to do with it. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks...Dallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cooper has a check up later this month with his GI.(It is about a 4 hour drive for us). I was planning on canceling it since all she does is look at him and ask how he is doing. BUT this week he has developed psoriasis. Not a huge shock..Dad has it, so do grandmothers on both sides. But he is almost 5...I hate to see it this young! :huh:

I am wondering if I should keep the appointment and ask to have his levels tested. Does it even matter? This is a new kink and I just do not know what to do with it. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks...Dallas

How long as he been on the gluten free diet? Has he been re-tested and his levels have already returned to normal---if so, when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was diagnosed at the very end of 2005--literally. Anyway...he as been gluten-free for almost 2 years..and now that you mention it...he has never had levels re-tested to see if they were back to normal. He always tested negative for the blood work but positive for the genetic factor. Is that the dame or different tests? I think we do need to go back and get that done if nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it would hurt to go back and get his levels checked.....but if he was negative in the first place, chances are it will be negative again and probably won't tell you much.

My 8 year old has had psoriasis since age 3. He's been gluten free for 18 months, and casein free for about 6 months. It has helped some, but hasn't cleared it up by any means. Being out in the sun over the summer had helped, but now that he's back in school, it is coming back with a vengeance. It is nasty, nasty stuff. He's on a steroid cream, but that doesn't seem to be as effective as it was in the beginning. I don't know what else to try......he's responded in other positive ways on the diet, but his psoriasis doesn't seem to respond much at all.

Good luck with what you decide. That is a really long drive, especially if you have to take all the kids, so I can see why you would be contemplating whether it's worth it or not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...