Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scotty

Cigarettes And Episodes

ever react to cigarettes i tried stuff new the sam day (Blackwing buffalo patties, called they said it is just meat...) but i was around my cousin all day at his house fixin stuff and i rememmber stopping to eat my meal i had brought along and half way through i got all choked and could not stop coughing it seemed. maybe not so much coughing as i was getting ticklish throat like flegm i could not hack up. later that evening had appendix bursting episode, excrutiating!! but no real D like other episodes. definite redness and irritability past couple days, a feeling of being poisoned. could have been the cigarettes? what about a yeast episode with the buffalo...? argh

only when hope is fulfilled, hope is lost

*D-Digestive problems throughout youth and young adulthood unattended

*Self-convinced IBS '04 (began eating rice, breads, crackers...SFs to 'slow' the natural process)

*Winter '06 developed severely swelled legs with rashes, white tongue

*Self-diagnosed; Gluten Free Spring '07

*Celiac.com diagnosed Candida, Thrush Spring '07 (all that 3 years prior of nothing but rice)

*Celiac.com diagnosed IC Summer '07

*Winter '08 pursuing more accurate testing for dianosis of the beast in which I am battling

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ever react to cigarettes i tried stuff new the sam day (Blackwing buffalo patties, called they said it is just meat...) but i was around my cousin all day at his house fixin stuff and i rememmber stopping to eat my meal i had brought along and half way through i got all choked and could not stop coughing it seemed. maybe not so much coughing as i was getting ticklish throat like flegm i could not hack up. later that evening had appendix bursting episode, excrutiating!! but no real D like other episodes. definite redness and irritability past couple days, a feeling of being poisoned. could have been the cigarettes? what about a yeast episode with the buffalo...? argh

Not all roads lead to Celiac. Maybe you're just getting a cold. It's that time of year for bugs to be going around. I have been coughing and sniffling for three weeks now.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Agreed, I have had the throat tickle and the cough, but no cold has manifested from it....

10-06 Diagnosed Urinary Tract Infection (Allergic to Cipro, Bactrim, Macrobid, Doxycycline, Monocycline, Penicillin) - This UTI is still present with no symptoms.

10-06 Diagnosed "Acid Reflux" (Nexium didn't work)

12-06 Endoscopy diagnosed Gastritis (Negative Bioposy)

12-06 Negative bloodwork for Celiac Disease, Diagnosed "Gastroparesis" - Started Zelnorm

1-07 Diagnosed "IBS-C" - Still taking Zelnorm

3-07 HIDA scan to check gallbladder which was fully functional.

3-07 Zelnorm taken off market, started Domperidone

4-21-07 Emergency Appendectomy (FUUUNN!)

7-24-07 Enterolab results came back positive

Gluten Free since that night....

...Still not feeling great.

"Don't expect constant success, but strive for constant growth."

Join eNewsletter

it was not necessarily a cough like i was getting sick as it was i was getting choked up by something like i was having a reaction

only when hope is fulfilled, hope is lost

*D-Digestive problems throughout youth and young adulthood unattended

*Self-convinced IBS '04 (began eating rice, breads, crackers...SFs to 'slow' the natural process)

*Winter '06 developed severely swelled legs with rashes, white tongue

*Self-diagnosed; Gluten Free Spring '07

*Celiac.com diagnosed Candida, Thrush Spring '07 (all that 3 years prior of nothing but rice)

*Celiac.com diagnosed IC Summer '07

*Winter '08 pursuing more accurate testing for dianosis of the beast in which I am battling

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter