Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo Ann

Gluten & Dairy Free Recipes

With Thanksgiving just a week away, I find out we must make it gluten and dairy free. Anybody have any good recipes for traditional type food you can share. Our daughter is on a diet gluten-free, DF, as well as avoiding white flour and all sugars and sweeteners. She's suppose to eat colorful vegies (i.e. sweet potatoes, squash, zuchinni, carrots, green beans, etc.) Would appreciate any recipes or advice. Thanks! Jo Ann

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

With Thanksgiving just a week away, I find out we must make it gluten and dairy free. Anybody have any good recipes for traditional type food you can share. Our daughter is on a diet gluten-free, DF, as well as avoiding white flour and all sugars and sweeteners. She's suppose to eat colorful vegies (i.e. sweet potatoes, squash, zuchinni, carrots, green beans, etc.) Would appreciate any recipes or advice. Thanks! Jo Ann

Um, no honey, too? I have lots of honey-sweetened recipes.

For veggies, baked sweet potatoes need no additives for me. And lightly saute green beans in olive oil and chopped garlic. Spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce. Trader Joe's organic in the can has no sugar added.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

I don't have an exact recipe, but it sounds like a roasted root vegetable dish would work with these specifications.

You can add any veggies you like, sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips, onions, carrots, zuchini, etc, cut into uniform 1 inch pieces, toss with olive oil, sea salt, and fresh herbs (or dried), then you just roast in the oven.

Also I'm thinking a stuffed winter squash, brown rice (or millet or quinoa), toasted almonds (or other nut), and dried unsweetened cranberries in acorn squash halves, baked until tender.

I posted my green bean recipe in another thread, it's just steamed green beans tossed with a lemon, olive oil, garlic, and seasonings marinade/vinaigrette.

Join eNewsletter

My green beans with marinade/vinaigrette recipe:

1/4 c lemon juice

1/4 c olive oil

1 tsp gluten-free dijon mustard

1/2 tbsp dried savory

2-3 cloves garlic pressed or minced

1/2 tsp sea salt

1/4 tsp ground pepper

1 1/2 lb green beans

Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

Steam green beans until tender. Toss green beans with marinade. Let set for a couple hours. These are great warm, room temp, and cold!

Search these recipe site for "Roasted Root Vegetables" or "Roasted Root Vegetables":

http://www.recipezaar.com/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/

http://www.epicurious.com/

Also, the above sites have Thanksgiving menu sections that might give you an idea for vegetable dishes, just as long as they are free of gluten, dairy, and other ingredients that your daughter is needing to avoid.

Can she only have vegetables?

Join eNewsletter

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I panicked. Cooking gluten-free for a mixed family is hard enough, but now we have a very limited diet with protein. carb, & oil balance that's a real challenge. Colorful root veggies are preferred with some fruit allowed. This is for something called Adrenal Fatigue and the diet is overwhelming to a meat and potato family. We are all going to be eating things we never ate before, but we'll have a great thanksgiving, because we have so much for which to be thankful!

Jo Ann :)

Join eNewsletter

With Thanksgiving just a week away, I find out we must make it gluten and dairy free. Anybody have any good recipes for traditional type food you can share. Would appreciate any recipes or advice. Thanks! Jo Ann

Hi 'Jo Ann',

Here's a link to some Gluten-free Casein-free Recipes.

Hope this is of some help!

Best Regards,

David

My Favourite Easy Gluten-free Casein-free Recipes

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter