Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angelbender

Reader's Digest Article December 2007 Issue

The December Reader's Digest has an article all about "Gut" problems and has a quite accurate and

thorough accounting of Celiac Disease.....I thought.....anybody see this yet? Have a Happy and Gluten Free Thanksgiving! Angel :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have not seen it yet. As a matter of fact, the December issue is sitting on my dining room table right now.

I haven't even finished reading the October and November issues yet. I guess I spend too much time on this board :P .

Cindy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic

Join eNewsletter

Things that make you go hmmmmm. I haven't read this because.... I canceled my subscription because the mag is a cover to cover pharma ad. When I canceled I got into a long discussion on celiac with the person on the line and my feelings that we have a hard time being diagnosed because we can not be cured with a pill. So many ads for script and OTC products are for symptom relief from what may be celiac related illness. It just makes me angry sometimes. Supress the symptoms but kill the patient. I am glad they finally got a celiac savvy article in there.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Things that make you go hmmmmm. I haven't read this because.... I canceled my subscription because the mag is a cover to cover pharma ad. When I canceled I got into a long discussion on celiac with the person on the line and my feelings

Hey, maybe YOU'RE the reason they put the article in!

Seriously--you put your money where you mouth is--you cancelled your subscription, and let them know why, and maybe that made somebody there actually think.

Bravo!!!!!

Join eNewsletter

Might have to pick this issue up...I try collecting as many articles as possible.

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter